Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Welcome to My Blog!

Hello everyone, and welcome to my blog. 


On this site, you will find a variety of creative thought, from images of my visual art, to prose, poetry, opinons, and general rantings.

I am a conceptual artist. That means the idea or notion and message is the thing, and the medium changes according to the subject. I am also a writer. I have done everything from marketing to music journalism, to prose and poetry, to lyrics. My writing is stream of consciousness and it comes when it comes, as it comes.

I am currently immersed in my project Ikons, and a lot of what I will post here for awhile will be related to that. Ikons is my life's work, presenting archetypes of pagan gods for a new age to create a new dialogue on unity. If we consider who we are, where we come from, and what our purpose here on earth is, we must take the conversation to a place that encompasses beauty and wonder, mystery and epiphany, humor and horror, wonder and awe; for that is the sum and total of our lives as individuals, and as a race. By looking at these 'mythological' figures, we can see commonalities, no matter whether we are Norwegian looking at the Hellene pantheon, Greeks looking at the Norse, Irish looking at the Vedic, or Asian looking at the Celts. There is a primordial and connective energy in these stories and their archetypes, and I endeavor to present them in a modern way which infuses both ancient symbolism and postmodern aesthetic.

So I hope you will enjoy this Blog and check in with me from time to time, as well as visit my website to see images and keep up with the progress of the project. Take care and see you soon!

2 comments: